Drop down header

Wednesday 26 February 2014

La Ruta

The route is uncertain. Primarily because all of the elements in the "distance-speed-time" triangle are currently uncertain. I don't know how fast I'll travel (or how far I can cover in a day), I don't know for sure how many days I have [1] and so I don't know where I'll end up (or where I need to end up).

Attached below is a very neat drawing of the planned route, as interpreted by my 4 year old niece. Start in Buenos Aires (arriving by plane, although I can't recall if it was blue as drawn). Then on my black motorbike I'll head south through Argentina to Patagonia and the penguins, before coming back north, onto the west side of the Andes up to around Colombia, seeing guinea pigs en route.

2014 Road Trip by Izzy

Some of the things I would like to see / do on the way [2]:
  • Learn Spanish (so a couple of longer stays in interesting places to have a language course and practice in between, like Valparaiso);
  • See Patagonia, the penguins and the glaciers (and I think whales on the way down and back). Antarctica would be cool but I doubt I'll make it this time;
  • Go to the Altaplano and salt flats;
  • Visit the wine regions;
  • Climb Macchu Picchu;
  • Visit the Galapagos and in doing so sail across the equator;
  • Drop in on a few breweries and sample the product.

Notes:
1. This depends on two things: work and the all important "savings-burn rate-time" triangle.
2. Not comprehensive and open to suggestions/recommendations as long as they're reasonable and timely (i.e. don't tell me that I "must go to somewhere in Argentina" when I'm in  Peru...).

No comments:

Post a Comment