Drop down header

Wednesday 1 January 2014

On my way from Buenos Aires, I saw...

My ability to take photos of wildlife is such that I could probably get a job on the Top Gear camera crew. However, so far I have seen the following:


Those are flamingos, honest

Flamingos (Peninsula Valdez, El Calafate) [above]

Sea Lions (Peninsula Valdez on left and Valdivia on right) [below]




Armadillos - I think Pichi or 7 banded armadillos (Peninsula Valdez, Baker Valley) [above]

Guanacos (everywhere) [below left]



Martineta (along route 3) - suicidal tendencies, I think I may have "nicked" one... [1]

Rheas (along route 3)
Magellan / Patagonian Penguins (Peninsula Valdez, Punto Tombo, Magellan Island) [above right]
Elephant Seals (Peninsula Valdez)
Andean Fox (Tierra del Fuego National Park) [below]



Dolphins (Porvenir, Tierra del Fuego, Chacao to Pargua, Caleta Gonzalo) [below left]





King Penguins (Tierra del Fuego) [above right]

Condors (Torres el Paine, El Chalten) [below]



Skunk / Lesser Grison or potentially a Patagonian Weasel (between Puerto Yungay and Cochrane)

Black Necked Swans or Cuello Negro (Puerto Ingeniero Ibanez) [below left with more flamingos]



Cuis Chico (I think) [above right]
Hummingbirds (Chiloe National Park and Volcan Chaiten)
Vultures of some description (Valdivia) [below]


I think those black and white dots are penguins...


Notes:
1. "Nicked" sounds so much nicer than decapitated with my right foot-peg...

No comments:

Post a Comment